Tangy goat cheese sets off the sweetness of figs in this rich and slightly savory dessert drink. The recipe makes two small, but very rich shakes.
- 6 fresh mission figs, halved
- 2 tablespoons Flavorful Fig Syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons soft fresh goat cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream (optional), for serving
Combine figs, fig syrup, milk, and goat cheese in a blender and blend on high until no lumps remain, scraping down the sides as needed.
Add ice cream and a generous amount of black pepper and blend just until smooth. Taste and add more black pepper if desired. Serve topped with whipped cream and another turn of freshly ground black pepper, if desired.