Note: Recipe can be doubled. Blend mixture in two separate batches if doubling. For best results, use a very ripe cantaloupe. If your cantaloupe is not sweet enough, sugar can be added to the blender a teaspoon at a time until desired sweetness level is reached (taste as you go).
- 4 1/2 cups cantaloupe cut into rough 1 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 1/3 pounds fruit)
- 4 1/2 ounces (9 tablespoons) fresh juice from 7 to 9 limes
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) Cointreau
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) blanco tequila
- 3 mint sprigs for garnish
Blend cantaloupe, lime juice, Cointreau, and tequila until very smooth. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed pitcher for up to three hours if desired. When ready to serve, fill 3 serving glasses with ice, divide margarita mixture among glasses, and garnish each glass with a mint sprig.