This moist pound cake is studded with fresh figs. The flavor and texture is similar to a pound cake: buttery, vanilla scented, and just a little dense. Greek yogurt adds a subtle tang.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 13 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (2 percent or whole, not skim)
- 2 cups roughly chopped fresh figs
- Garnish: whole figs (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 10 inch springform Bundt pan.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla extract. Beat in yogurt until well combined. Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in figs.
Pour batter into bundt pan and bake until golden and a cake tester comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Garnish with additional figs if desired.
10 inch springform bundt pan