This chicken chili packs a three pepper alarm: smoky chipotle, jalapeno, and cayenne. Plus it's on the table in under 30 minutes.
30-Minute Easy Chipotle Chicken Chili Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced (about 1 3/4 cups)
- Kosher salt
- 2 jalapenos (or green chilies), finely chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 3 (15-ounce) cans white beans (such as great northern or cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 3 cups homemade or store-bought low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced for garnish
- Tortilla chips to serve on the side
- Limes to serve on the side
In large saucepan or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until softened and beginning to turn golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Add jalapeños, garlic, cumin, oregano, and cayenne. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add chicken and cook until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add chipotle chilies, beans, and broth and bring to simmer. Simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes to let flavors meld.
Add corn to just heat through. Season to taste. Stir in cilantro and serve with avocado, chips, and lime.