- Rind from 1 orange, finely julienned
- Rind from 1 lemon, finely julienned
- 1 (12-ounce) jar red currant jelly
- 1 cup Ruby port
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice from 2 to 3 oranges
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice from about 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Fill a small sauce pan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Place orange and lemon rind in boiling water and blanch for 5 minutes. Strain rinds from water.
Return now empty saucepan to stove and add in port, red currant jelly, orange juice, lemon juice, mustard, and ginger. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking to combine. Reduce heat to a rolling simmer, stir in lemon and orange rinds, and cook until sauce thickens enough to coat a spoon, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to a week, warming prior to use.