- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 large thighs)
- 1/4 cup mayonaisse
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon apricot preserve
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon juice from 1 lemon
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
Combine chicken stock and thighs in a medium saucepan and bring to a bare simmer over medium-high heat. Cook until thighs register 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 6 minutes after achieving a simmer. Remove from heat. Allow chicken to cool in the stock and and when cool enough to handle remove chicken and chop into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside. Reserve strained stock for another use.
In a large bowl combine mayonaise, Greek yogurt, cream, apricot preserve, curry powder, tumeric, lemon juice, and scallions then mix until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss the chicken in the sauce until all of it is coated, then add optional almonds if using. Divide lettuce between 4 plates then top with chicken and serve.