A moist muffin crumb is flavored with sweet-tart key limes and topped with coconut.
- 1 1/2 cups (7 1/2 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (7 ounces) sugar
- 2/3 cup whole Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon zest and 1 tablespoon juice (from about 3 small key limes)
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper holders. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric beater until combined. Beat in yogurt, eggs, zest, and juice. Add dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until evenly distributed.
Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter. Top each tin with coconut. Bake until a tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes about clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
12 cup muffin tin, electric beater, 12 paper muffin liners