An authentic Greek salad with fresh chopped vegetables, herbs, feta cheese, lemon juice, and olive oil. Add chopped grilled chicken to make it a meal, and be sure to serve it with warm bread to mop up all the lemon and herb-infused olive oil at the bottom of the bowl.
- 1 medium seeded and diced cucumber (do not peel, about 2 cups)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion, from one red onion
- 1/2 cup Greek green olives, pitted and quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed juice from about 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Serve immediately.