- Either an 8x8 or 9x9-inch pan will work for this recipe.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing pan
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 1/2 ounces (one bag, about 5 cups) marshmallows
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 cups puffed rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Lightly grease pan with butter. In large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add salt, marshmallows, unsweetened chocolate, and cocoa, and melt, stirring frequently. Stir in vanilla.
Fold in puffed rice cereal until completely coated. Fold in bittersweet chocolate. Immediately spread into pan. Gently smooth top with spatula and sprinkle evenly with salt.
Let sit until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
8- by 8- or 8- by 9-inch square pan