These nests are a homemade version of the Russell Stover candy, and a fun Easter treat.
- If making white chocolate version: before adding coconut add a dash of green food coloring until desired shade of green is achieved.
- Tip: if making all three versions, start with white chocolate first, then move on to milk chocolate, then move on to dark chocolate. This will allow you to use the same bowl for all three flavors.
- 4 ounces finely chopped milk chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate, or white chocolate
- 2/3 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
- Dash green food coloring, optional (see note)
- 18-24 small jellybeans
Line baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper. In heatproof bowl over pan of barely simmering water, melt half of chocolate, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in remaining chocolate until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
Stir in coconut until completely combined. Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture onto prepared pan, keeping shape as round as possible, and spacing 2 inches apart. Using back of 1/2 teaspoon, gently press into center of each mound to create a slight crater. Gently press 3 or 4 jellybeans into center and chill until set, about 15 minutes.