After being tossed in a mixture of lime juice, red pepper flakes, and chopped cilantro, the jicama sticks can then be seasoned with sea salt and pepper, and then dusted with some chili powder. Salty and sour, with a little bit of heat, these jicama sticks are a crisp and refreshing alternative for heavier drink-time appetizers.
Chipotle powder provides both heat and smokiness for this recipe, but any mild or hot chili powder can be used.
- 2 pounds jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch sticks
- 1/4 fresh lime juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chipotle powder, to taste
Combine the jicama, lime juice, cilantro, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl and toss until well-incorporated. Place the dressed jicama on a large platter and season with salt, pepper, and chipotle powder. Serve immediately.