These hearty, chewy granola bars are packed with dried fruit and nuts.
adapted from King Arthur Flour
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon water
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8- by 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, allowing some paper to overhang from the sides. In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, salt, cinnamon, apricots, peanut butter chips, cranberries, raisins, almonds, and coconut; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together corn syrup, honey, vanilla, melted butter, and water until combined. Pour wet ingredients over oat mixture. Use your hands or a spoon to stir mixture until combined. Press into prepared baking sheet, smoothing top. Bake until golden on the edges, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely before using the sides of the parchment paper to lift mixture from pan. Cut into bars. Uneaten bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.