Chocolate and orange paired in a super chewy cookie shell.
- 1 cup (5 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup (about 9 ounces) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange juice and 1 teaspoon grated zest from 1 orange
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa power; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in orange juice and zest. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop dough by the rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets. Bake until dry on top, about 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
stand mixer, baking sheet, parchment paper, zester