This antique punch is one of the most consistently popular drinks at Husk.
- 4 cups raw sugar
- 3 cups fresh lemon juice from about 24 lemons
- 4 quarts black tea
- 4 quarts California brandy (Weaver uses Korbel)
- 1 quart Bermuda or Barbados rum (Weaver uses Cockspur)
- 1/2 pint peach brandy (Weaver uses Hiram Walker)
- Peels of 6 lemons, cut into slivers
- 1 1/2 quarts soda water
Combine sugar, lemon juice, tea, brandy, rum, peach brandy, and lemon peels in a large bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Add ice (preferably in one large block) and top with soda water before serving. Alternatively, top each glass with 1 ounce of soda water before serving.