The latest in the Ben & Jerry's flavorsphere: Jimmy Fallon's "Late Night Snack," which has a vanilla bean base with salty caramel swirls and crunchy fudge-covered potato chip clusters. So basically potato chip ice cream. Mmm, yup, pretty sure we approve. The concoction was inspired by a Late Night with Jimmy Fallon skit in which Fallon and The Roots performed an original song, "Ladysmith Snack Mambazo" about B&J's ice cream. Look for it in a freezer section near you this week.
It's no breaking news that the salty-sweet combo makes mouths happy. According to a press release, the ice cream wizards at B&J have actually been considering a flavor with potato chips for a while. The moment hath come!
Late Night Snack is also part of B&J's push to go all fair trade. Last year they announced that by the end of 2013, the whole product line would be fair trade certified (that includes all 121 ingredients they use across all flavors). Late Night Snack is made with fair trade vanilla and cocoa. Proceeds from sales will go to Fair Trade Universities to encourage the use of fair trade products on campuses around the country.
But back to potato chip ice cream: a good move, right?
More Ben & Jerry's and Ice Cream
- 14 Things You Might Not Know About Ben & Jerry's »
- The History of Astronaut Ice Cream »
- What's the Difference Between Gelato and ice Cream? »
- We Eat Every Flavor of Tillamook Ice Cream »
- The Best Way to Store Your Ice Cream in Your Freezer »
- We Try All the Flavors of ice Cream at Humphry Slocombe in San Francisco