Taking a cue from Kansas City barbecue sauce, this ketchup delivers the sweet tang with a little heat, without being overwhelmingly strong.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite barbecue rub
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, molasses, hot sauce, Worcestershire, barbecue rub, mustard, onion powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in refrigerator for up to a month.