Deep fried bacon-wrapped hot dogs topped with a quick salsa made with avocado, tomato, onions, and pickled jalapeños, along with mayonnaise and potato chips.
- 8 natural casing hot dogs
- 8 strips thick-cut bacon
- 2 quarts peanut oil
- 8 hot dog buns, toasted or steamed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 to 4 pickled jalapeño peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon juice from 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small bag potato chips, crushed
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Wrap each hot dog with bacon in a spiral pattern, securing ends of bacon with toothpicks. In a deep fryer, wok, or Dutch oven, heat peanut oil to 350°F. Add hot dogs and cook until bacon is crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Combine avocado, onion, tomato, jalapeño, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and toss gently to combine.
Top hot dogs with mayonnaise, avocado mixture, crushed chips, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
deep fryer, Dutch oven, or wok