You don't have to have chicken on hand to revel in some classic Buffalo flavor. Avocado stands up well to a dose of spicy, tangy Frank's RedHot and a sprinkle of blue cheese in this open-faced sandwich, which means heat fiends can really push the limits (and their more spice-averse counterparts can keep things on the mild side, while still getting plenty of flavor).
- 1 slice country or sandwich bread, approximately 1/2 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium pitted and peeled Hass avocado
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste, from 1/2 lemon
- Frank's RedHot hot sauce, to taste
- Crumbled blue cheese, to taste (approximately 1 tablespoon; 15g)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lightly brush bread with olive oil and toast to desired level of doneness. Top with avocado and mash with a fork to cover entire surface. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and drizzle with Frank's RedHot. Top with blue cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve.