We served this tart, tangy, and boozy Negroni-inspired punch at our 3rd Annual Serious Eats Cookie Swap, and the revelers demanded a second batch almost immediately. If you'd like to make it more fizzy and less strong, you can add sparkling water or a second bottle of sparkling wine, but we liked the refreshing bittersweetness of this drink as is, over ice. You can mix the booze in advance, but be sure to squeeze the citrus fresh on the day of your party.
- 5 cups gin
- 3 cups Aperol
- 1 cup Yellow Chartreuse
- 1 3/4 cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 1/2 cups freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 10 dashes orange bitters (optional)
- 1 750-mL bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- 2 oranges, sliced in thin round slices
In a large punch bowl or beverage dispenser, mix gin, Aperol, Chartreuse, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and orange juice. Add bitters and stir. Add several cups of ice, stir, and let chill, 15 minutes. Ice should dilute the punch slightly. Top with sparkling wine, stir gently, and garnish with orange slices. Serve over additional ice.
large punchbowl or beverage dispenser