A crunchy, spicy, tangy slaw with just a few ingredients. It's a perfect simple side dish for grilled meats, fish, or vegetables.
Why It Works
- A few simple ingredients bring crunchy, fresh heat to the picnic table.
- Yield:Serves 6 to 8
- Active time:10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 1 small head cabbage, thinly shredded (about 1 pound; 450g)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (about 6 ounces; 170g)
- Handful fresh mint and cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 to 2 green Thai bird chilies
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) juice from 1 lime, plus more to taste
- Kosher salt
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onion, herbs, chilies, and lime juice. Season with a big pinch of salt and massage to soften slightly. Taste and season with more salt or lime juice to taste. Serve immediately.