Crunchy toasted pine nuts and lemony sumac are great partners for eggs scrambled softly in extra-virgin olive oil.
Why It Works
- Eggs cooked gently in olive oil stay creamy and tender.
- Lemony sumac and toasty pine nuts give the eggs tons of flavor.
- Yield:Serve 3 to 4
- Active time:7 minutes
- Total time:7 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (see note)
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Flatbread such as pita or lavash, warm
Gently beat eggs with a big pinch of salt and some pepper in a medium bowl with a fork. Heat oil in a medium non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add eggs and cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, until barely set and still slightly runny (eggs will continue to cook after removing from pan), about 1 minute. Immediately transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with pine nuts, sumac, and parsley. Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately with flatbread.