From hearty roasts to satisfying desserts, Serious Eats has you covered this holiday season.
Whether it be luxuriously rich mashed potatoes, slick gravy, or crunchy vegetables, we firmly believe the best meals involve plates piled high with as many sides as can fit. Here are 20 sides that honor vegetables in all their salty, sweet, crunchy, tender, roasted, and fried glory.
- Warm Brussels Sprout Salad With Bacon and Hazelnut Vinaigrette
- Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Fried Brussels Sprouts with Shallots, Honey, and Balsamic Vinegar
- Creamy Brussels Sprouts Gratin with Blue Cheese
- Garlicky Oven-Roasted Green Bean Salad With Hazelnuts and Blue Cheese
- Sautéed Green Beans With Mushrooms and Caramelized Cipollini Onions
- Bacon-Braised Green Beans
- The Ultimate Homemade Green Bean Casserole
- Glazed Pearl Onions
- Easy Roasted Cipollini Onions
- Creamed Pearl Onions
- Braised Leeks with Lemon and Parsley
Squash and Sweet Potatoes
- Balsamic Glazed Acorn Squash with Shallots and Rosemary
- Slow-Cooker Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Mash
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Chutney Vinaigrette
- The Best Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Roasted Mushrooms
- Easy Slow Cooker Creamed Kale
- Roasted Carrots with Harissa and Crème Fraîche
- Roasted Cauliflower With Pine Nut, Raisin, and Caper Vinaigrette
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.