Gallery25 Sandwich Recipes We Love
Tips and tricks for making the best sandwiches at home.
By now, the world's enterprising culinary minds have shoved almost every possible food item between some bread, calling it a sandwich. Simple handheld versions of our favorite dishes are not, however, what the art of sandwich making is really about. A perfect sandwich really occupies only one culinary niche—its own. Meat, cheese, greens, or any good sandwich filling elevates bread beyond its normal limits, and the result can be truly transcendent.
We've rounded up a wide variety of sandwich recipes—from casual sliders to meaty bread-bound mains—making it easier to enjoy great sandwiches all the time. Check out the slideshow above or the list below for all the sandwiched sustenance you'll ever need.
- Steak and Chimichurri Sandwiches
- Braised Oxtail and Gruyère Sandwiches
- Grilled Jalapeño-Marinated Steak Sandwiches With Charred Onions and Cotija Mayo
- Warm Beef and Cheddar Sandwiches With Horseradish Sauce
- The Steak Bomb With Flap Steak, Scallions, and Salami-Cheese Crisps
- Muffuletta Shooter's-Style Sandwiches
- Game Day Roast Pork and Broccoli Rabe Sandwiches
- Easy Oven-Baked Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Make-Ahead Salami Sub with White Bean Spread and Kale-Slaw
- Leftover Lamb Sandwiches With Tapenade Mayo, Watercress, and Caciocavallo Cheese
- Grilled Merguez Sandwiches with Caramelized Onions, Manchego, and Harissa Mayonnaise
- Lamb and Orange-Herb Gremolata Sandwiches
- Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- The Best F&$king Grilled Chicken Sandwich Ever
- Fried Chicken and Cole Slaw Sandwiches
- Sautéed Soft-Shell Crab Sandwiches With Pickled Vegetables, Cilantro, and Ginger-Chili Mayo
- Double Stacked Crab Cake Sandwiches with Avocado and Bacon
- The Ultimate Lobster, Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, and Tomato Sandwiches
- Anchovy, Basil, and Tomato Sandwiches with Aioli
- Butter-Sautéed Soft-Shell Crab Sandwiches With Tomato Salsa
Vegetarian & Vegan
- Crispy Fried Chickpea Cake and Slaw Sandwiches
- Vegan "B.L.A.T."s: Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, and Crispy Smoked Mushroom Sandwiches
- Brussels Sprouts Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Avocado, Arugula, and Walnut Sandwiches
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.