Come Memorial Day, you're going to find hot dogs and brats on grills all over the country. There's nothing wrong with just slapping a store-bought dog on the grill, breaking out the mustard, and calling it a day, but if you want to take your tubed meat game to the next level we've rounded up 18 of our favorite hot dog and sausage recipes. See them all on the list below, or check them out in the slideshow!
And if you like those, you may want to check out these 8 great hot dog topping ideas, for when you want to stick a necktie on that store-bought dog. Want to take it to the next level? Try making your own hot dogs from scratch—Ryan Farr from 4505 meats will show you how!
Get the Recipes!
- Grilled Hot Dogs with Sauerkraut
- Buffalo Chicken Sausage
- Grilled Italian Sausage with Sweet and Sour Peppers and Onions
- Grilled Bratwurst with Beer, Mustard, and Sauerkraut
- Hot Slaw Dogs
- Chicken Sausage with Basil and Tomatoes
- Spicy Mango Chicken Sausage
- Smoked Cheddar and Jalapeño Sausage
- Green Chorizo
- Mexican Chorizo
- Grilled Mexican Chorizo with Spicy Tomato Caper Sauce
- Breakfast Sausage
- Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs with Avocado, Tomato, Onion, Mayonnaise, and Potato Chips
- Slaw Dogs with Mustard
- Homemade Merguez Sausage
- Armadillo Eggs (Cheese-Stuffed, Sausage-Wrapped, Grilled Jalapeños)
- Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Grilled Sausage and Ricotta Pizza Sandwich
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.