The internet tells me that this Friday, March 7, is National Cereal Day, so it must be true. To celebrate, I'll be treating myself to bowl after breathless bowl of the good stuff. I have to be honest with you all—since starting Cereal Eats I feel like a early '90's rocker that got famous too fast and landed on a disastrous episode of Behind the Music. That is to say, now that I'm allowed to eat whatever sugary cereals I
want NEED to for this column, I fear I may have burnt out in the last few months. I am still a die-hard cereal lover, but I realize now that it was the forbidden quality of the stuff that heightened my love to mania. I feel I need to step back and start putting some cereal boundaries on myself again.
But, of course, not on National Cereal Day. I will be celebrating the cereal freedoms that adults have with as many bowls of cereal as I see fit. And to further celebrate, I'm taking a look back at my favorite Cereal Eats moments over the years. Join me!
- Rice Krispies Treats Cereal Not Rice Krispies, Not Rice Krispies Treats. It's Rice Krispies Treats Cereal. It's hard to find but still in existence. Find boxes, get Krispies. If you don't know, now you know.
- Mini Boxes A blessing or a curse? I still haven't figured it out. Their beguiling mysteriousness remains.
- Golden Grahams vs. Cinnamon Toast Crunch Why oh WHY would you have Grahams when you can have the CTC?
- Ode to Grape Nuts The day my faith in humanity was restored. You like Grape Nuts, you really like them!
- Celebrating Honeycomb I can't shout it from the rooftops loud enough. THIS CEREAL RULES!
- Oreo O's The day an amazing human being sent me Oreo O's from South Korea. Not sure anyone else was as excited as I was.
- Buzzfeed Cereal Rant Rebuttal The day I had to be a kind of a jerk. But in all fairness, da heck was up with that LIST, amirite?
- My Glorious Trip To General Mills HQ Greatest 2 days of my life, complete with super awkward solo shots of me at every given turn. Part 1, 2, and 3.
Well, that's enough cereal memories for one day. Hope you'll be celebrating on March 7th!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.