In the grand expanse of Los Angeles, vegetarian and vegan options are easy to come by, but the truly great ones aren't always readily apparent. Bored of veggie burgers and a neverending array of side dishes, I'm constantly on the hunt for outstanding vegetarian options. When chefs make a sincere effort to develop vegetarian or vegan dishes that appeal to everyone, we all win. So should you find yourself in LA with a hungry mixed crowd, check out these affordable favorites for omnivores and vegetarians alike. See them all in the slideshow or jump straight to one from the list below!
- Burnt Brioche Toast at SQIRL
- Buffalo-Style Cauliflower at Mohawk Bend
- Fried Green Tomato Po'boy at My Two Cents
- Chili Cheese Dog at Earlez Grille
- Tofu Balls at Starry Kitchen
- Fried Brussels Sprouts at Freddy Smalls Bar and Kitchen
- Potato n' Cheese Taco at World Wide Tacos
- Roasted Cauliflower Sandwich from Bean & Thyme
- Vegan Pupusas at Los Cocos Panaderia y Pupuseria
- Carrot Corn Dog at Fritzi Dog
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.