I never need an excuse to eat Asian noodle soups, but it being the dead of winter and the start of Chinese New Year, the timing seemed particularly good for rounding up a few of my favorites.
Granted, there are countless bowls across numerous culinary traditions to choose from, so forgive me for limiting this to only a select few—generally speaking, one representative soup from seven different cuisines. And please sound off with your favorites that I haven't mentioned. I'm always noodling around for new options.
- Jiro ramen from Yume Wo Katare ($12)
- Lamb hand-pulled noodle soup from Gene's Chinese Flatbread Cafe ($11)
- Banh canh cua from New Dong Khanh ($6.95)
- Tom yum noodle soup from S&I To Go ($7.95)
- Roast pork wonton noodle soup from Kantin ($5.75)
- Chiang Mai noodle soup (kao soi) from Thai North ($9.95)
- Homestyle egg drop soup from Shangri-La ($7.25)
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.