Labor Day may signal the end of summer, but that's no reason to stay inside and sulk—how about sending off the season with a fantastic food adventure instead? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Eat a fancy lunch, partake in killer happy hours, and more!
- Take a tour of Bay Ridge with Allison Robicelli, explore the Sri Lankan scene in Staten Island, and slurp noodles and dumplings galore in Flushing.
- Check our updated guides to the best bites near South Street Seaport, Metropolitan Museum of Art, and Times Square.
- Go on a sandwich spree, tackling the best in ridiculously big-ass, seafood, and giardiniera-topped offerings.
- Explore the South Side's essential eats.
- Toast to summer at any one of these 8 great dive bars, then soak up the booze with our favorite porky bar snacks.
- Scope out 7 dishes worth the trip to Outer Sunset, 10 great snacks in Japantown, and 10 cheap bites in Little Saigon.
- Tour the Ferry Building markets, inside and out.
- Eat all of the contenders for the city's best sourdough.
- Two words: taco crawl.
- 6-6-6: A half-dozen each of the best ceviches, spicy dishes, and egg breakfasts around town.
- Get sweet on these great frozen treats.
- Eat Zahav chef Michael Solomonov's favorite burgers.
- Follow that up with the gonzo ice creams at Morimoto (five-spice pork fu flavor, anyone?).
- Wash it all down at the city's excellent beer bars.
- Dive deep into the Persian, Indian, and Arabic goods at Park Avenue Market.
- Smoothie crawl? Yes, smoothie crawl.
- Host a local cheese party —here's your shopping list (plus a few more).