I'm a creature of the cold. I like my beaches rocky, gray, and overcast, and my mountains snow-covered. I'd take the Pacific Northwest over the Mediterranean any day of the year (except that rare day when it's sunny in Seattle), and if I had my way, summer would last at most a week in New York.
Why would I even want that week at all? If summer has one saving grace, it's that during hot days, I essentially have no choice but to grill. It's not just that the kitchen is too hot to fire up the oven, it's an innate, natural calling. I see the sun glinting off the shiny black dome of my trusty Weber kettle and it sets off a near-Pavlovian reaction in me that causes my legs to take me to the corner store for coal and my arms to start butterflying chickens, with little-to-no actual mental involvement. Am I the only one? I somehow doubt it.
So needless to say, I've done quite a few grilled recipes for The Food Lab over the years. Here are a few of my absolute favorite recipes—the ones that I spent the most time working on, or the ones that simply appear time and again during my summer cookouts.
Get the Recipes!
- Peruvian-Style Grilled Chicken With Green Sauce »
- The Best Barbecue Chicken »
- How To Make the Best Chicken Tikka Masala at Home »
- How To (Sort Of) Make Naan at Home »
- How To Grill a Stek: A Complete Guide »
- How To Grill Short Ribs »
- The Best Way To Grill Sausages »
- For the Best Stiry-Fry, Fire Up the Grill »
- How To Make the Best Fajitas »
- Easy Grilled Cornish Hens and Zucchini with Lemon-Oregano Marinade, Tzatziki, and Greek Salad »
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.