Serious Eats is hiring a Community Manager to build and manage the Serious Eats community online and offline, and across social media platforms. We're looking for someone who is passionate about the Serious Eats brand and possesses extensive social media experience and incredible writing skills, is excited about emerging digital trends, a creative thinker, and passionate about generating results. This role will report to the General Manager.
- Serve a leading role as community manager
- Source, curate, write and edit content for all social media outlets and community forums including Talk and Photograzing
- Monitor and respond to community conversations in a timely and expert fashion
- Act as primary thermometer of community sentiment
- Identify new ways to inspire and engage the existing community and drive acquisition
- Manage, execute and optimize social media reporting, analytics and content calendars
- Measure, analyze, measure some more, and report
- Collaborate with internal teams -- edit, product, and sales
- Stay up-to-date on new social media trends, platforms and analytics, always looking to improve upon our existing methods and workflow
- Be pro-active in educating others throughout the company on social media value proposition and best practices
- Experience developing and executing multi-platform social media strategies, content calendars and tactical plans
- In-depth understanding of community management
- Experience managing a social media property on a daily basis
- Ability to deliver quality work in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Strong quantitative analysis skills to interpret data and mine for insights
- Outstanding writing, grammar, and communication skills
- Proven multi-tasker that can a manage several projects at once under tight deadlines and accomodate rapid changes
If you're interested, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with a subject line of "Community Manager position." Plain text resumes and links to online resumes are preferred to email attachments.
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.