Don't you hate the term detox? I sure do. It's not that after two months of eating roast meat, roast potatoes, pies, cookies, and cakes I need to detox (whatever that means), but honestly, winter is one of the greatest salad seasons with peppery, bitter greens, great root vegetables, and an excuse to put nuts in everything.
Here are eighteen awesome winter salads that are hearty enough to eat like a meal, but healthy enough to make you feel good about your new years' resolutions.
- Warm Fingerling Potato and Tuna Salad
- Vietnamese Shrimp and Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Watercress, Oranges, Avocado, and Almonds, with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Thai Herbal Salmon Salad (Phla Pla Salmon)
- Shredded Kale Salad with Pine Nuts, Currants, and Parmesan
- Winter Green Salad with Walnuts, Apples, and Parmesan-Anchovy Dressing
- Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Eggs, Pomegranate, and Marcona Almond Vinaigrette
- Green Bean Salad with Pickled Peppers and Anchovy Dressing
- Arugula, Fennel and Orange Salad
- Arugula, Apple, and Pomegranate Salad with Cider-Honey Vinaigrette
- Sichuan-Style Chicken Salad
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten's Kale Salad with Parmesan and Lemon
- Kale, Apple, and Pancetta Salad
- Farro Salad with Roasted Kale and Beets
- Marinated Kale and Chickpea Salad With Sumac Onions
- Lentil and Carrot Salad with Kale
- Spicy Warm Silken Tofu with Celery and Cilantro Salad
- Beet and Citrus Salad with Pinenut Vinaigrette
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.