Freeloading on relatives can be fun. But not when they threaten to not feed you unless you contribute a dish to the spread. That's why we've put together this collection of recipes that not only keep well (like cranberry sauce) but can easily be packed up and baked at your destination (like the gratin or mac and cheese). Tell your family this excuses you from doing the dishes.
- Swiss Chard, Fennel, and White Bean Gratin
- La Laiterie's Herbed Mac and Cheese
- Crispy Creamy Fennel Gratin
- Bourbon Old Fashioned Glazed Pecans
- Sam Sifton's Creamed Onions
- Sam Sifton's Braised Collard Greens
- Red Rooster's Mac and Greens
- Cottage Pie with Shallots and Sherry
- Orange-Beer-Glazed Turkey Drumsticks with Black Beans
- Smoky Charred Cauliflower and Potato Soup with Kale
- Roasted Squash and Raw Carrot Soup
- Turkey Au Vin
- Sam Sifton's Basic Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry-Apple Relish
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.