Tips and tricks for making the best sandwiches at home.
When we think seaside vacation, we think lobster rolls and crab shacks. This had us thinking about other sandwiches of the sea that we love. From crispy crabcakes to salty tender lox to battered flaky fish filets and shrimp po' boys in New Orleans, there are many ways to put a sea creature on bread. Since Sandwich Month continues (!) we've collected our favorite seafood sandwiches from all over the country.
Click on the links below or swim through the slideshow. They all look scrumptious enough to make you go running for the coast.
Seafood Sandwich Honor Roll
- Catfish Sandwich From Feed (Chicago)
- Lobster BLT From B&G Oysters (Boston, MA)
- The Heebster From Russ And Daughters (NYC)
- The Overboard from Ippolito's Fish Market (Philadelphia, PA)
- Terrifying Tuna Wrap at Kookoo Cafe (Brookline, MA)
- Crab Cake Sandwich at Duda's Tavern (Baltimore, MD)
- Fishwich at Macellato (San Francisco, CA)
- Catfish from Matt's in the Market (Seattle, WA)
- Shrimp Po' Boy at Domilise's (New Orleans, LA)
- Gravlax with Dill and Capers at Plenty (Philadelphia, PA)
- Cap'n Mike's Smoked Fish Sandwiches at Ferry Plaza (San Francisco, CA)
- Niçoise at the Larder at Tavern (Los Angeles, CA)
- Dungeness Crab Roll at Fish (Sausalito, CA)
- Grilled Fish at Bear Flag Fish (Newport Beach, CA)
- Pan Bagnat from St. Honorè (Portland, OR)
- Hot Fish from Bolton's (Nashville, TN)
- Lobster Roll from Harraseeket Lunch (South Freeport, ME)
- Lobster Roll at Fisherman's Grill (Portland, ME)