What better way to celebrate the life of beloved children's book author and illustrator, Dr. Seuss (née Theodor Seuss Geisel) than with a stack of his books and plate full of Seussian reading snacks? Taken straight from the beloved rhymes of our youth, here are 10 Seuss-centric dishes to celebrate his birthday today.
- Green Eggs and Ham: This iconic favorite gets a modernist twist.
- Catfish in the Hat: Pecan-crusted catfish.
- Yertle the Turtles: "I'm Yertle the Turtle! Oh, marvelous me! For I am the ruler of all that I see!" Chocolate Turtle Cookies.
- Hop on Pop(corn): Popcorn with 10 fun topping variations like mac and cheese powder, furikake, and more.
- Poodles Eating Noodles: "And the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles." Noodles with Bay Scallops, Snow Peas, and Ginger Sauce.
- "There's a Wocket in my Pocket": Grilled pocket pitas.
- Moose drinks: "A moose is asleep. He is dreaming of moose drinks." This maple-bacon shake sounds like something a moose would drink, right?
- Rainbow Cake: "In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!" Cakespy's Rainbow Layer Cake seemed perfect for this.
- Popovers: "My uncle ordered popovers from the restaurant's bill of fare. And, when they were served, he regarded them with a penetrating stare." Cheesy Herbed Popovers.
- Roast Beast: "And he, he himself...the Grinch... carved. The Food Lab's Roast Beef Po' Boy is sure a beast.
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.