Note: It's time to meet one of our new summer interns, Will Levitt. He's already started mixing sangria, setting up chocolate ice cream tastings, and eating sandwiches with us. Say hello to Will! —The Mgmt.
1. Guilty pleasures? Mayonnaise. I've been known to add it to a lot of things. My real guilty pleasure is adding lots of it to any sandwich—and I eat a lot of sandwiches. A good sandwich often just isn't complete without a good serving of mayonnaise.
2. Describe your perfect meal. Some great bread, a runny French cheese and some fresh summer vegetables to snack on—tomatoes, radishes, greens. And a lemonade.
3. What food won't you eat? Chocolate. I don't like chocolate, I never have, and though many have tried, I probably never will.
4. What would you like to try but haven't yet? I would like to try roasting a pork shoulder.
5. Favorite food person? Ruth Reichl. When I first got interested in cooking, Gourmet magazine was basically my bible. Since she was editor at the time, I would always read her editor letters at the beginning of each issue and think that someday I wanted to write about food like she does.
6. When did you first realize you were a serious eater? When I asked for a crepe pan for my tenth birthday.
7. What do your family and friends think of your food obsessions? They're usually pretty enthusiastic about it (especially because they get to eat whatever I cook). Maybe sometimes they get a little annoyed when we're looking for somewhere to eat and I make us walk an extra ten blocks for a place I've heard about and really want to try, instead of stopping somewhere nearby. But overall I think they like it.
8. Favorite food sites or blogs (besides Serious Eats, of course)? Scanwiches, What Katie Ate, 101 Cookbooks, Grub Street, the New York Times, food52, Saveur, Francis Lam on Salon.com.
9. Everyone has a go-to person they call for restaurant recommendations. Who's yours? My friend Alex from Boston.
10. And what's the best recommendation he's ever given you? Oishii Sushi in Chestnut Hill, MA.
11. What's your favorite meal, and where do you get it? Dinner. I like to make it at home with friends or family.
12. Do you ever cook? What's the best dish you make? I cook all the time! I'd say homemade pasta with a really simple tomato sauce and good parmigiano cheese.
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.