With the successful launch of Serious Eats: Drinks recently, we continue to forge on, committed to our mission to expose deliciousness wherever it may hide out, be it in a burger, a slice of pizza, or perhaps even in plain sight in a major city.
We've got some exciting news for the future, and we wanted you, the Serious Eats community—the great folks who make this site the wonderful kooky cocktail-party of recipes, stories, and all things food-related that it is—to be the first to know about the changes on the horizon.
Over the course of the next month, we'll be rolling out three, brand-spanking new blogs dedicated to three of the subjects we find most delicious.
It's our new site devoted to all things threshed, hulled, ground, and baked—as long as they're wheat-based. Have you been searching in vain for a place where you can calmly discuss relative amylopectin content of various cultivars? There's something for everyone on SW, from the most casual occasional bread-eater to the hardcore wheatarian. Here are a few of our new columns:
- Gluten-Free Wheat: Recipes for an extreme weight-loss diet.
- The Miller's Tale: Meet the folks who thresh your grains!
- WOW: Wheat of the Week: 52 weeks, 52 cultivars.
They're earthy, they're sweet, they're shaped like miniature Christmas tree ornaments shoved under the ground. Is there anything that isn't better with beets? After Josh Ozersky declared beets to be "the hamburger of the 21st-and-a-half-century," we had no choice but to launch our very own blog all about them! At Serious Beets, you'll get beet coverage all the way down to the local level with weekly beet meet-ups (beet-ups?) where you and your fellow Beta vulgaris lovers can recount what you read last week on SB. Get excited for columns like:
- Celebrity Beet Watch: Stars caught red handed!
- Would You Like Beets With That?: The best (and worst!) of beet-based fast food offerings.
- Beet Fight!: News on the underground Beat & Beet clubs springing up in your neighborhood.
- Beetshi!: Exploring the fine Japanese art of sushi, using only beets.
- All The Beets in China: Little known fact: over 90% of China's rural population works in beet production. These are their stories.
The technical definition may be "a nipple of the mammary gland of the female mammal," but at Serious Teats, we know there's so much more hiding behind those glands. It's our brand-new site devoted to milk, butter, cream, cheese, and all other things dairy, taking you from farm to milking plant to glass bottle to cereal, and beyond with columns like:
- 50 States, 50 Teats: Udderly delicious cream from around the nation!
- Farm Animal Style Guide: Learn them; milk them.
- Who Milks Your 'Stache?: The secret diaries of a rogue milkman.
- Down at the Dairy: Farm animals, and the men who milk them.
- I Got Nipples: Can you milk me? We bring in your favorite celebrities to SE World Headquarters and find out!
We honestly hope you are excited as we are about the new launches. Here's to many more years of Serious Eating (Wheating, Beeting, and Teating)!
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.