GalleryLambarama at Locanda Verde
Last night the Serious Eaters were invited by chef Andrew Carmellini to Locanda Verde as tasting guinea pigs for his new special. One table each night gets the opportunity to order a whole baby lamb, which the kitchen breaks down and prepares about a dozen different ways. One of our favorite meats cooked by one of our favorite chefs in one of our favorite restaurants?
Let's just say that the meal was awesome. Everything from the crostini to main course was made from the same lamb, while the dessert was made with sheep's milk. Here's the menu:
- Fava Bean on Prosciutto Bread
- Lamb Sweetbreads with Ramps
- Pickled Lamb Tongue with Chickpeas
- Minestrone with Lamb Meatballs, Escarole and mint
- Stracci with Milk-Braised Lamb Shoulder and Shepherd Valley Smoked Pecorino
- Baby Rack of Lamb with Aleppo Pepper, Roasted Garlic and Honey
- Baby Lamb Rollatini with Anchovy and Lamb Neck Salad
- Spiced Baby Lamb Ribs with Cumin Yogurt
- Baby Leg of Lamb Baked in Bread
- Braised Baby Lamb Shanks with Saffron Risotto
- Sheep's Milk Ricotta Cheesecake with Rhubarb
Check out the slideshow for a course-by-course breakdown.
The lamb dinners will start in April, and are available for you and 7 of your friends for $95/head. And you will not leave hungry.
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.