You say potato, I say potahto. But the sweet potato is something different altogether. Despite the similar name, this orange tuberous root is only distantly related to the potato proper. In the States, they're often candied using brown sugar, marshmallows, maple syrup, molasses, orange juice, marron glacé, or other sweet ingredients. When julienned and deep fried, they become crisp sweet potato fries or chips, and when topped with brown sugar and butter, they can be a great alternative to regular baked potatoes.
Sweet Potato Recipes
- Sweet Potato And Gingerbread Ice Cream Sandwiches
- The Best Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato And Gruyère Turnovers
- Baked Sweet Potato 'Fries'
- Sweet Potato Tarte Tatin
- Sweet Potato And Kimchi Pancakes
- Ember-Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Maple Cinnamon Butter
- Spicy Sweet Potatoes With Lime
How do you prepare your sweet potatoes?