One of the earliest fruits ever to be cultivated, the apple has come a long way from its humble beginnings and is now the product of a multi-billion dollar industry. About 55 million tons of apples were cultivated in 2009, with a net value of about $10 billion. (Apple a day? A lot of you are eating more than that.)
They're juiced, milled for apple cider and filtered for apple juice. The famous fruit also plays a key role as a filling for numerous tasty desserts, ranging from apple crisp to the ever-popular apple pie. Would food (or life) be the same without the apple? We think not. And there's no better time of the year to eat them.
- Apple Galette
- Shredded Beet, Apple, And Currant Salad With Apple Vinaigrette
- Pork Roast En Cocotte With Apples And Shallots
- Apple-Brined And Smoked Turkey
- Pork Chops With Tomatillo And Green Apple Sauce
- Baked Apples With Barley-Sausage Pilaf
- Ham, Brie, And Apple French Toast Panini
How do you like 'dem apples?
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.