It's time for our third annual Serious Eats Pumpkin Carving Contest. We take a break from eating pumpkins (and their roasted seeds) to whittle away at them. This year we even had the folks at Maniac Pumpkin Carvers custom-carve us one with Serious Eats overlord Ed's face on it. Pretty good, right?
Let this Ed-o'-Lantern inspire you to enter. All you have to do is upload photos to Photograzing (you'll need to log into your Serious Eats account, or sign up here). We want to see your orange masterpieces. Extra points for food-minded designs! Including other Ed-o'-Lanterns.
- Deadline: You have until Monday, November 1 at 6 p.m. (EST) to upload photos.
- What we're looking for: Originality, creativity, and craftsmanship. Try to take the best photo possible, and make sure to include a description with your submission. Winners are limited to residents of the continental U.S.
- Judges: The Serious Eats team
- Inspiration: 2009 winners, 2008 winners, essential pumpkin carving toolkit, and how-to instruction.
- Prizes: $100 Amazon gift certificate for first place, and runners-up will score official SE reusable bags.
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.