I've never been a peanut butter and jelly kinda gal. Instead, it was always cream cheese and jelly sandwiches that lured me as a child. The smooth luxuriousness of the cream cheese mixed with sweet, fruity jelly (or jam) was always a winner in my eyes.
I do still indulge in a version of this in the form of a cream cheese and pepper jelly combo. It's the same creamy sweetness with a spicy kick. Stuff it into a double-decker French toast or use it as a sweet filling for a jalapeno popper. But if you need more options on what to do with pepper jelly besides matching it with cream cheese, wonder no more with the many suggestions.
Mmm, Pepper Jelly
1. Spicy PB & Jelly: Bring a little spicy style to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
2. Spiked Monte Cristo: Mix equal parts mayo and pepper jelly, spread evenly over two slices of bread, layer smoky ham or turkey with Swiss or Gruyere cheese. Dip finished sandwich into lightly beaten eggs seasoned with salt and pepper, lightly brown in a buttered skillet, cut in half and enjoy.
3. Simple Stir-Fry: In a skillet, sauté chicken slices in canola oil, add a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies, season with teriyaki sauce and crushed red pepper and finish by swirling in pepper jelly until melted.
4. Glazed Honey-Drunken Salmon: Simply mix together bourbon liquor, honey, melted butter and pepper jelly until evenly incorporated. Spread over salmon, and cook until done.
5. Mediterranean Turkey Burgers: Mix together ground turkey, melted butter, dried sage and pepper jelly, season generously with salt and pepper, and throw on the grill.
6. Sweet and Sour Pork: Cube pork into 1/2-inch cubes, and brown in a skillet with oil. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and pepper jelly until smooth. Add mixture to a few minutes before removing pork from skillet, stir, simmer and serve.
7. Spiced-Up Vinaigrette: In the bottom of a large salad bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, grainy mustard and pepper jelly until emulsified. Add lettuce, tomato and other salad ingredients to bowl, and gently toss to coat.
8. Fish-n-Dip: Mix together equal parts horseradish sauce with pepper jelly; serve this dip alongside any deep-fried fish for a uniquely tangy and spicy bliss.
With additional writing by Ginna Mungiovi.
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.