On Tuesday Alaina, Carey, and I are driving to Boston in a Buick LaCrosse being lent to us by the good folks at General Motors. The theme of the trip is: Value-Driven World Class Dining. We are totally psyched. I love food-oriented road trips. We have the basic outline of an itinerary, which includes the following stops:
Tuesday, March 9: NYC-Boston
- Walter's Hot Dogs in Mamaroneck, New York: A late morning snack of serious franks sold from a unique pagoda-shaped hot dog stand.
- Tarry Lodge in Port Chester, New York: Mario Batali and Andy Nusser's pizzeria-restaurant.
- Craigie on Main in Boston: We're putting ourselves in chef-owner Tony Maws' hands for one of his $39.99 four-course Chef's Whim dinners.
Wednesday March 10: Boston-NYC
- Clear Flour Bread Bakery in Brookline, Massachusetts: breakfast snacks.
- Summer Shack at Mohegan Sun: Lunch at serious chef Jasper White's seafood joint.
- Who knows? Dinner (if we still have room) has yet to be determined.
So that's our plan, but the best-laid plans and all that, so we'd love to hear any ideas from the serious eaters just in case we can eke out another stop or two. Plus, there's always another road trip to go on. Maybe they'll let us keep our LaCrosse.
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.