It's called Turkey Day not Other Non-Turkey Stuff Day for a reason. Vegetarians are usually stuck piling on the sides on Thanksgiving, which isn't the worst thing in the world, but they could use some entrees with a little more heft. This photo of squash stuffed with orzo in a sage brown butter sauce from our Seriously Meatless man Michael Natkin is a great example of a turkey alternative—and we're not talking the turkey-flavored proteins. Here are some others, and feel free to chime in with your ideas.
- Acorn Squash Lasagna with Béchamel Sauce
- Pumpkin Ravioli with Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
- Blue Cheese, Pear, and Pecan Quiche
- Grafton Squash Casserole
- Pumpkin Orzo with Sage
- Spaghetti Squash with Ricotta, Sage, and Pine Nuts
- Spiced Pumpkin Bisque with Pumpernickel Soldiers
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.