As the leaves turn to beautiful shades of gold, orange, and berry, a whole new selection of squash replace the summer squash we loved so much.
The many varieties of winter squash come in all kinds of shapes—round, elongated, oblong—and colors from honey to bright orange. Some of the most popular varieties are the acorn, amber cup, and butternut. No matter the variety, squash is a great fall vegetable and an excellent ingredient for all your delicious fall recipes.
- Vegetable Enchilada
- Roasted Delicata Squash
- Grafton Squash Casserole
- Hairy Gourd Bread
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Warm Winter Salad
- Braised Winter Squash with Garlic
- Lidia Bastianich's Squash Tiramisu
- Spaghetti Squash with RIcotta, Sage, and Pine Nuts
- Butternut Squash Soup with Sweet Italian Sausage
- Classic Baked Acorn Squash
- Linguine with Squash, Bacon, and Goat Cheese
How do you like to celebrate autumn and winter squash?
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.