Summer squash are a kitchen staple I always turn to in my fridge. They're a delicious way to add some vegetables to a dish, and the simplest dinner in the world is a runny egg over some quickly sautéed coins of summer squash. The crisp squash bits are one of the best bites you'll ever have. Once I bring the squash home from the market, I wrap them in paper towels (two to three per towel depending on size) and stick them in the crisper. And in case you were wondering, zucchini is just one of the many summer squash varieties. [After the jump, an arsenal of summer squash recipes.]
Summer Squash Recipes
- New Potato and Summer Squash Salad
- Warm Salad of Shrimp, Zucchini, and Chili
- Grilled Zucchini and Summer Squash
- Quinoa and Grilled Zucchini
- Zucchini and Chicken Salad
- Preserved Zucchini
- Pasta with Zucchini and Beaten Egg Yolk
How do you prepare your summer squash?
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.