Is your Thanksgiving menu low on hardcore, gut-busting, gluttonous dishes? Let Paula Deen be your guide! While searching the recipes on her website, we came across some eye-opening gems. You know, dishes that are probably delicious but we're hesitant to make because they might immediately block major arteries upon contact with our lips. Here are some of our favorites that reinforce our love for Paula:
- Deep-Fried Stuffing on a Stick: Because everything is better deep-fried on a stick.
- Deep-Fried Cranberry Sauce Fritters: You know, this sounds like it could be good. Semi-molten cranberry sauce in a crispy crust, anyone?
- Roasted Turkey with Fried Pecan-Bourbon Glaze: This is what your turkey has been missing all these years: fried pecan-bourbon glaze.
- Piggy Pudding: Great name for this combination of cornbread, apples, and sausage.
- Fried Pumpkin Layer Cake with Cream Cheese and Orange Frosting : Anything that involves two layers of battered and deep-fried pumpkin cake has to be good.
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.