Happy World Vegetarian Day! The holiday was founded in 1977 by the North American Vegetarian Society and kicks off October as Vegetarian Awareness Month. If you're vegetarian, check out some of these select vegetarian (and vegan) recipes on Serious Eats. If you're not vegetarian, try to lay off the bacon for one day—it's not so bad. Though many people have gone through vegetarianism flings, who out there feels like a real, true vegetarian? Recipes after the jump.
- Martha Stewart's Macaroni and Cheese
- Ginger Fried Rice
- Braised Greens Tacos
- Beetroot, Red Onion, Red Cabbage, Crème Fraîche, and Chervil
- Kale and Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes
- Blumenthal’s Roast Potatoes
- Eggplant Baingan Kachri
- Hearty Winter Vegetable Burger
- Grilled Sweet Potato Salad
- Fregola with Portobello Mushrooms, Rosemary, and Sage
Helpful Talk Topics
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.