If we did, however, I'd be all over Kids' Restaurant Week in Chicago, which runs June 21-28. Nineteen of Chicago's top restaurants are participating. The rules are: (1) come in between 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.; (2) kids under 12 pay their age; and (3) adults and older kids pay $20.08.
The web site doesn't say anything about the menus, so I called a couple of the restaurants to find out what kids should expect to eat. Read the menus, after the jump.
- Wood oven one sixtyblue pizzetta with mozzarella, tomato, and basil
- Homemade parmesan gnocchi with corn, peas, baby carrots, and herb emulsion
- Vanilla bean ice cream with raspberry coulis and cookies
- For children under age 2: broccoli puree, roast turkey slice, vanilla bean ice cream
May Street Market
Three-course menu for 12 and up, two-course menu for 11 and under, with many options. See their kid's menu online.
Osteria Via Stato
- Green City Market veggie antipasto
- House-made cheese ravioli
- Wisconsin strawberry gelato
- Chef's hats for the kids to color, and recipes to take home
Prairie Grass Cafe
- Mixed greens with edible flowers, honey balsamic vinaigrette, big whole grain half moon croutons
- Roasted chicken with potatoes and Green City Market vegetables
- Local strawberries with whipped cream
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.