You can finally get some sleep tonight. Someone figured out how those popcorn kernels were mysteriously popping without a nearby microwave. Oh wait, there was a microwave involved! The magnetron, or the power-generator inside the machine, was hiding underneath the table.
According to the video's step-by-step instructions, the process seems fairly simple: just dismember the microwave, connect a few extension cords and hook up that magnetron. BUT WE DO NOT ENDORSE TRYING THIS AT HOME. Watch the video after the jump.
Cell Phone Popcorn Hoax: How It Actually Worked
1. Open the back of your microwave.
2. Take off the magnetron.
3. Connect extension wire on magnetron.
4. Connect original wires in microwave.
5. Hide the magnetron under the table.
6. Hide the microwave far away from the magnetron.
7. Set the timer to 30 seconds...
8. Watch as friends go nuts!
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.