So is the new 'Bucks jolt juice as smooth as they say? We asked some coffee drinkers at the Starbucks branch in Rosslyn, Virginia, and heard a lot of mixed sentiments. Too strong. Smoother. Watery. Worse than Dunkin'. Worse than McDonald's. Free. Old-school. People, make up your minds!
- "No good. Pretty strong. I had to put a lot of cream in it to make it OK. I'd call myself a Starbucks drinker, but not this." —Sam
- "I like it. It's smoother. Normally Starbucks coffee seems to cater to the non-black-coffee drinkers. Too burnt-tasting normally. But this I could take black." —Malcolm
- "Kinda watery. I haven't had McDonalds in a while, but I think I like theirs better." —Imran
- "Good. Yeah, good. Not a big coffee drinker, but hey it's free." —Dan
- "Tried it without anything first, and it was just okay. It's called 'roasted' now, and it definitely has a roasted flavor. Personally I still like Dunkin' because they make it sweet and blond." —Michael
- "I like it strong, and that's strong. My daughter drinks those caramel macchiatos, but I like mine black." —Nancy
- "I like mine mild. My favorite thing to order here is the Venti Mild Colombian. For a mild drinker, it's still a bit high." —Carl
- "Real strong. Wow, it's almost got an old-school taste." —Frank
- "It's decent. But you know what, they never should have gotten rid of the organic milk." —Fred
Reactions taken from the Starbucks located at 1525 Wilson Boulevard, Rosslyn VA 22209
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.